Thursday 29 January 2015

"Shawni is not too keen on snow at the moment"

'Shawni's hands and feet just go ice-cold.'

Sometimes nothing changes over the decades.

Reading my letter to Mom about the cold and how Shawni did not respond well to being cold during the winter of 1987 makes me smile, she is still exactly the same, intolerant of being cold.

If I was still writing to Mom, I would drop her a note about our experience with Shawni at the Timberline Lodge at Mt Hood

It was July 2014 and a hot summer day in Oregon.

We decided to take the ski-lift up Mt Hood from the rather creepy Timberline Lodge for views across the magnificent Cascade Range.
Shawni was dressed for a sunny day and was not going to ride the lift without a warm top. She did some speed shopping for a fleece (on sale) and we were ready.

If I was still writing to Mom, I would drop her a note about this experience with Shawni at Mt Hood to tell Mom that Shawni's hands and feet still go ice-cold...
Shawni over the decades, Paris and Mt Hood, Oregon, an aversion to being cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment