Wednesday 5 November 2014

And Dad becomes Grumps

We did break with tradition, Dad is known as Grumps and not Pa.

He looks anything but a grump in this lovely photo of my parents with the grandchildren in 1986.

Frederic du Barry born 27 May 1986.

In my thank you letter to Mom and Dad on the 20 June, I am again deeply appreciative of their support and I seem to be just coping.

The comment 'the next step is to do all the above in French' is significant, our little family was in the middle of moving to Paris for a few years.

A month later we were living in France with two children under the age of 2, no support structure, me barely speaking French, I wrote letters to the folks during the time we lived in Marly le Roi. These letters will be the content for future blogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment