Wednesday 19 November 2014

Postage paid by LOVE


Time for me to get back to my letter box after the diversion into my father's ancestors.

Staying with the Christmas theme, I pulled out this envelope addressed to Santa Clause at the North Pole.

Its a letter written by Shawni in December 1996, she would have been 12 years old and according to her, 'I've been a reasonably good girl.'

Stockings have always been a feature of our Christmas celebrations and she has listed thoughts for her stocking separately from the list of presents.

She has a sense of humour too, puts in a complaint about Fred's radio, 'sometimes it actually doesn't play'. And just in case Santa is not on the ball she reminds him that a radio means a tape and cd player.

She did get the radio and has left it with us so Fred can use it in his garage.

If she gets a Sticker Book Santa, please make sure it's a 'proper one'.

I love her final sentence to Dear Santa;
 'Anything you wish but it must be something I'll like'.

That is typical Shawni.

The letter ends formally and is signed and dated.

I do miss these special Christmas moments we had with the kids.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha too funny. I sound rather precocious no? :-) Love the signature at the end!

    ReplyDelete