Sunday 2 November 2014

Generations revealed

Yesterday I was looking for all the photo albums I made for Shawni as she was growing up and I found my baby album.

A treasure trove of information. 

I have now been able to construct a 4-generation family tree, thanks to my mother.

At last I can say that I know the names of my Pa - William Hendry.

Jonny Steinberg is a South African author I admire and I am reading his latest book, 'A Man of Good Hope'. 
Asad, the main character, is talking of his mother;
'I still feel that what she was I am today. I did not lose her despite her death.'

I am appreciating this sentiment as I tackle this wonderful project.
Nanny Ina's parents, Caroline and William, my Great Grandparents

My paternal Grandparents, Ina and Percy.


Add caption


'Wedderburn Girls' family tree.


Pa's parents, Susara and Arend, my Great Grandparents

My maternal Grandparents, Nellie and William (Bill)

Nan's parents, William, her mother Kathleen and stepmother, Fanny, my Great Grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment