Monday 24 November 2014

Teacher I can spell 'temperature'

Teacher Sharon, top photo school tour to Gold reef City that I organised for my Geography pupils.
 Front row, 2nd left.
Bottom photo, my teaching colleagues at Yeshiva College. Back row, 2nd left.

I mention the advantages of teaching in a letter I wrote to the family on the 28 March 1983 and that got me looking for a few photos from that time.

I taught for a couple of years in the early 80's at the Yeshiva College in Sandringham, while running my small Urban Geography practice. I had a few pupils per standard and had loads of fun with the them.

I remember marking final papers while at the Mary Mount, having just had Shawni. Even more memorable was setting and marking projects on Japan, giving the pupils stellar marks and then realising that they could not locate Japan on the World Map at the back of the class!

So much for 'Teacher' Sharon, well according to one letter, I taught one person how to spell temperature.

A letter home and some thank you notes from pupils.

No comments:

Post a Comment